I hope you enjoyed Where'd You Go Bernadette. I certainly did! I was using every opportunity to grab my nook, and finished the book within just a few days. The book is funny, quirky, and very entertaining. The characters, inspite of their ridiculous behavior, are convinced that they are the normal ones. Hmm...
Below, I will post a few questions for those who have read the book. (This is my first time hosting the book club, and I am very excited! )
Please leave your comments! I will post my answers on Sunday, October 12th, in the morning, and will be available for a live chat Sunday evening at 7PM PT.
1. What do you think about Bernadette's character? What do you think is at the root of the tension between her and the gnats?
2. What do you think sent Bernadette over the edge? What does her behavior in Los Angeles tell us about her? Is she justified in her hatred for the gnats and Seattle?
3. How are Audrey Griffin and Bernadette Fox more alike than they realize? Is Bernadette truly different from the other members of her community, or are her feelings of being an outsider self-imposed? Can you relate?
4. What do you think of Bernadette and Elgie marriage? Is there real love there? Can their marriage survive after everything happened? What do you think will happen to Soo-Lin?
5. Were you able to relate to the book? How and why? Bernadette disappears, both literally and figuratively. Do you feel this is unusual or do all women, in a sense, disappear into motherhood and marriage?
Cannot wait to hear from you!
xo, Zuma A.
Have you seen these?
|THIS MONTH'S READING|